50 free prints

Mom's Cranberry Salad...

Growing up I never liked anything with cranberries... not that I remember. Somehow I've acquired a taste for them in some things.... I like dried ones in salads, like chicken salad. I also like them on top of salads, especially with blue cheese dressing and some slivered almonds.

Here's a recipe I grew up on.... not that I ate it growing up, no way! But now... love it! It's sweet, with a bit of punch from the oranges and cranberries and has a nice crunch from the apples and nuts. Yum...




My mom's Cranberry Salad Recipe (that she got from her mom)

1 Family size box of Jello (strawberry or raspberry)
-or 2 small boxes work too

2 diced apples

1 container frozen Indian Train Cranberries and Oranges
(found in the freezer section)

1 cup of Walnuts, chopped

Prepared Jello according to directions using 1 cup less water than directions ask for. Add other ingredients. Refrigerate until set.

I use sugar-free Jello to keep the calories down.

It's a great splash of color on your plate at Thanksgiving & tastes great with turkey.


UPDATE:

Indian Trail Cranberry Orange is no longer available in stores... 
You can find a recipe to substitute for it here.

No comments:

Buy gift certificates for Alice through Swagbucks!
See my Swagbuck points & info below
VistaPrint USA Inc.

My Current SwagBucks!