50 free prints

Abbreviations & Lingo...



Using a combination of coupons and sales has become a way of life for me and my family.
I have found that a lot of the language that comes with it is natural for me now and I tend to forget that some of you are newbies and don't know the "language".

Someone asked me for some abbreviations recently
and I quickly realized I didn't have them posted anywhere here on my blog. I did a list up for some classes that I've done, but somehow managed to overlook you all here... my sincerest apologies!!

I have listed many of the commonly used abbreviations for coupons/savings talk and you can find some lingo at the end of the post. If you see something somewhere and don't know what it means, or if I use an abbreviation I don't have listed here... please ask me about it, I'd be happy to try and help you!

I tend to use the Newspaper abbreviations the most here and avoid the others to make it easier for everyone to understand,
but you will find other bloggers that use many of the others as well. Sometimes they offer an abbrev. list, sometimes YMMV ... just had to do it!!


Abbreviations

Newspaper inserts
PG - Procter & Gamble
RP - Red Plum
V – Valassis
GM-General Mills

Other Abbreviations...
AYM- All You Magazine
B1G1 or BOGO - Buy 1 Get 1
CRT - Cash Register Receipt
DCRT - Dated Cash Register Receipt
DND - Do Not Double
FAR - Free After Rebate
GC - Gift Card
GDA - Good Deal Alert
HBA - Health & Beauty Aids
MFG/MFR - Manufacturer
MIR - Mail in Rebate
NED - No Expiration Date
OAS - On any size
OOP - Out of pocket
OYNSO - On your next shopping order
POP - Proof of purchase
RC - Rain Check
UPC - Universal product code
WYB - When you buy
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

CVS
ECB - Extra Care Bucks

Walgreens
RR - Register Reward (like a catalina)
IVC - Instant Value Coupon (coupons in advertisement)
ESR - Easy Saver Rebate - They are no longer offering rebates in the EasySaver Catalog as it has been discontinued. I have seen some items in the store with tags under them that tell you a rebate form will print at checkout.

Lingo
Catalina - A coupon that prints when your receipt prints. Sometimes these are triggered by a specific purchase, other times they are random. These are usually MFG coupons.
Filler - An item purchased to make a deal work. Usually when you need a certain # of items or a certain dollar amount to qualify for the promotion.
Overage - When an item is better than free
Stacking - When you use a Manufacturer & store coupon on the same item. Can also refer to combining a sale with a coupon & a rebate... stacking deals.

Have I missed something that you see frequently? or... something that you've seen once or twice and you don't understand and you don't see it here? Let me know!! :)

No comments:

Buy gift certificates for Alice through Swagbucks!
See my Swagbuck points & info below
VistaPrint USA Inc.

My Current SwagBucks!