50 free prints

Meatloaf Patties...



Picture borrowed from Allrecipes.com where Tonya made "Mini Meatloaf"
Mine were a bit thinner and larger than this one.

The other night I was scrambling to get dinner done
before Hubby got home so he could have a warm meal when he got off work.... never happens to you, right? Well, it happens to me all to often I must confess.

I usually come up with something quickly that works and I just realized I should be posting some of those recipes/ideas here... What a clever idea :)

I had ground chuck in the fridge from a sale during the week, and some that I needed to get into the freezer, so that was my starting point.

Hubby loves meatloaf, didn't until he tried mom's, and I had thought about it earlier in the day, but never got to putting it together... and it takes foreevvvverrr to bake! But... I really wanted to make it for Hubby.

With limited time on my hands I put together my regular meatloaf recipe, eyeballing some of the ingredients- like usual, it's the only way to cook isn't it? and I decided to make meatloaf patties instead of an actual loaf.

I turned up the heat on those suckers and baked them in all of about 30 mins or so, a far cry from the normal 1 1/2 hours.

Here's my recipe (actually mom's recipe-Thanks mom!):
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
1 eggs
3/4 cup rolled oats
onion -small diced
ketchup- in meat to moisten.. 1/4-1/2 cup is my guess
green pepper - whatever you like, but you really need at least a little to make it delish
bacon - 2 strips or Bacon bits (mix in if you don't have bacon strips)
salt & pepper as desired
celery as desired (I don't usually add this)

Combine all ingredients...

For meatloaf: Form into loaf shape and put some extra ketchup on top, place bacon strips on top if using them, bake in baking pan at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

For meatloaf patties: Form into medium thickness hamburger size patties, be sure to mix in bacon bits, spread some extra ketchup across the top of the patties. Bake at 450 degrees for approximately 25 minutes... Watch the temperature of the patties to be sure they don't overcook. Size of patties will change cooking time.

I check mine with a thermometer to be sure it's done. I serve with mashed potatoes and green beans usually... Yum! Enjoy!

Don't like meatloaf? Every tried homemade? It's so much different... and better IMHO than restaurant versions.

I forgot to take pics... maybe next time :)

5 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Hi there! So glad you visited my blog, thanks for the comments. :) This recipe sounds YUMMY! I love the idea of using bacon in it and of making little patties instead of loaves. Thank you for the idea!

Melissa said...

I've made mini meatloaves to cut baking time, too. I haven't tried making the patties in a skillet, but one of these days I will!

Holly said...

We like meatloaf too. What a good idea to make individual portions for less oven time!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Jill said...

Glad you posted this. I love to make meatloaf muffings, but you have to use very lean meat. This is a great way to use all types of ground beef! Thanks!

Suz said...

Hope you all enjoy it! Let me know how they turn out ... :)

Buy gift certificates for Alice through Swagbucks!
See my Swagbuck points & info below
VistaPrint USA Inc.

My Current SwagBucks!