50 free prints

Black Friday?! What is it?

It's that time of year again! Everyone's starting their Christmas shopping and the malls are getting full. Hope you don't have to face that ever dreaded parking lot right now! Especially on the evenings and weekends.

You probably keep hearing the words Black Friday mentioned if you spend anytime online. A few years ago I had no idea what that meant. It sounded like something scary or satanic to me, so I didn't bother looking into it.

When I started couponing and doing research on saving money, I kept coming across the term Black Friday on some of the sites I would run across and finally looked into it.

Black Friday is what retailers have coined for the day after Thanksgiving. One of the biggest shopping days of the year and said to be the day that most retail stores begin to earn a profit... up until then they are operating in the red so to speak.

The idea itself was not so scary once I knew what it was, but shopping that day certainly can be! If you've ever been, you know what I'm speaking of .... the crowds, the lines, the parking, just to name a few!

I manage to go most years, only to come home with very few items and lots of time wasted. But, it is the thrill of the hunt for that elusive bargain that I must be after every year. I can never decide if I will be going until the day before it happens. Seems that I've always decided not to and then, on a whim, decide I can't pass it up.

Here is a website I have found that is exclusively for Black Friday Sales listings. I haven't myself looked at it yet, but probably will have my eye out to see if there's anything that I just "have to have". If I find one of those kinds of items, I will let you know here....

If you have post you would like me to link to
about a particular stores Black Friday Sale,

let me know
& I will check it out and link to you if I feel it's appropriate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really a nice post about Black Friday. Thanks for sharing…

Buy gift certificates for Alice through Swagbucks!
See my Swagbuck points & info below
VistaPrint USA Inc.

My Current SwagBucks!